Renatus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XBL Minecraft CO-OP and PVP Server

4 posters

New Hosting Procedures!

Poll

Passive Hosting

[ 6 ]
    New Hosting Procedures! Bar_left86%New Hosting Procedures! Bar_right [86%] 
    [ 1 ]
    New Hosting Procedures! Bar_left14%New Hosting Procedures! Bar_right [14%] 
    [ 0 ]
    New Hosting Procedures! Bar_left0%New Hosting Procedures! Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 7
    Richcraft
    Richcraft

New Hosting Procedures! Empty New Hosting Procedures!

Post  Richcraft Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:11 pm

Hello Renatus Community!

You may have seen a message on your Xbox about our new hosting procedures. Considering it is a heck of a lot easier to type on here and ask questions this is a more formal announcement.

Effective immediately we will no longer be hosting only when the host can be on the entire hosting period. In the past we would not load up the server unless we could be on for at least 2-3 hours actively engaged in the chat and the game. We have discussed it across the Operations Team and have decided we will give "passive hosting" a try and see how the community responds. In other words, we will just set up the world and step away from the Xbox. For everyone that is on the friends list of our GT, all you'll have to do is fire up Minecraft and you should see the server in your join list. From there you can click on it and enter the world.

Other than not having a moderator to help minute to minute the real big change for the community is the use of this website. If you complete quests for example, you would have to come on here and send a PM to Artistik letting him know you finished the quest. He's our loremaster and primary question creator. If you pick a city and a host is not available, same thing, you'd have to come on here and PM that leader.

We won't end active hosting, but you will notice more often the host won't be around but the world is up. What do you think about passive hosting?
    GothicRacer55

New Hosting Procedures! Empty Re: New Hosting Procedures!

Post  GothicRacer55 Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:46 pm

Is the server GT i was provided the one your on about?
    Swift Ninja

Post  Swift Ninja Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:04 am

Even though I've yet to play on the world, I'm almost positive I would prefer this to active hosting. It would be nice to not have to worry about if the host can be there that day, and I'm sure it would be much easier on the staff as well.
    s3cti0n8dude
    s3cti0n8dude

Post  s3cti0n8dude Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:27 am

Sounds interesting and i imagine it will put less pressure on the hosts.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:57 pm